Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Virginia Gubernatorial Elections

As a new resident to the great Commonwealth of Virginia, I am finding the 2009 Governor elections refreshing. On the one hand, you have Bob McDonnell who appears to be pretty darn crazy. And on the other hand, you have Creigh Deeds who appears to be excessively crazy. I may have my facts switched and in fact one is slightly less crazy than the other. My basis of knowing that both candidates are loco, as our Spanish friends would say, is solely rooted in policy beliefs. I'm really not sure, if elected, which political agenda would scare me the most and how quickly it would take for me to be crazy...like them.

Though, there is a silver lining in every cloud. They ain't crooks!!

While, I would like to see a more sound agenda that is in line with my own beliefs and is then representative of my lifestyle; I can however, rest peacefully knowing our future governor will not have kick-backs, ear marks and hush funds a plenty like Blago from the great State of Illinois. To say the least, I'm sure Creigh or Bob will actually live in the Governor's mansion...which will save taxpayer dollars. Not to mention 1000 other things that Blago did to gain office or during his time in office.

It will most likely be a game time decision on who I vote for, but either way Crook trumps crazy. So, I say either way is a win-win for this former Illinoisan. Let's up these crazies don't turn into crooks. Cause then I may just go loco....

2 comments:

  1. As I sit in Illinois and reap the rewards of Blago and Daley (billions in deficits, through the roof sales tax, 3.00 el rides, no Olympics, reality show contestant former first families) I will look upon thee with jealousy.

    ryan the redactor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much buyer's remorse does The Washington Post have for endorsing Deeds. What a complete letdown.

    ReplyDelete