Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chiropractic....I barely knew them!

Going for your annual medical exam can be a daunting, everyone seems to run away from the dentist and no one I've ever met said a positive or negative thing about their optometrist. Leading me to one unchallengeable conclusion...everyone loves their Chiropractor.

On my recent visit, Ted (over-the-top cheerful receptionist) had a cup a fresh brewed Dunkin' Donuts coffee ready for me. When I sat down in the waiting room, Ted (still very cheerful) handed me a crisp copy of the Washington Post, he offered me the NY Times but it hsad already been read yielding it less crisp but still considerable fresh. A final act of Ted (still cheerful) was to ask me about my week while led to a wonderful conversation about Chili and how sometimes it is better to use fresh tomatoes versus canned. Ted excused himself back to the reception area and began to type feverishly on the computer logging insurance claims or something equally important.

When I was done reading the sports section, which included an overview of how bad the Washington Nationals suck AND that the Washington Redskins are even more suckier, Dr. Asaph emerged from the examination room and asked if I was ready. Indeed, I was and took one last sip of coffee before making the 7 step trek to the exam room. Dr. Asaph, a constant professional, wasted no time asking me in a direct yet understanding way, "so, ummm...how are you feeling?" Stunned by his introspective to me sole, I needed 25 seconds to collect my thoughts during which I deflected his question by muttering, "Good, good, I mean that I haven't felt better EXCEPT..."

After coming to my senses, I informed the good Doctor that my aliments have been feeling better except for this pesky hip that continues to suffer the brunt of strain and stress though the week. Dr. Asaph agreed but thought that process was being made and that nothing would stop my complete return to health. A prognosis in which I revelled!!

Once a few pulls, twists, and elbows had been applied to my spine the exam was over. My adjustment had been complete. It was time to enter back into soceity as a man with a healthy backbone; a man walking the straight and narrow; a man who was looser than a goose. Here I am world, here I come.

On the walk home, I sneezed and threw my hip out of alignment.....son of a b*($#&!

No comments:

Post a Comment