Thursday, October 29, 2009

In a real pickle

I'm all for saving a buck or two when grocery shopping.  But there is one item that cannot be compromised on....and that is pickles.  Sorry to let the cat out of the bag on this one, but not all pickles are created equally.  There, I said it and it is out and therefore, I feel better.  How hard it is to mess up the pickling process?

After buying a less than name brand pickle, I tried making a pickle sandwich and to my disgust it was like rubbery green planks filled with sea salt lacking any crispness. lacking taste. lacking personality.  I mean how were they allowed to sell that piece of pickle?  It is moments like this, that make me think the terrorists won.

So, my fellow Americans...a pickle by another name is not a pickle.  Buy Brand Name American, and Americans have taste.

This message was brought to you by the Council of American Pickle farmers and President Obama and the letter Q.

1 comment: