Friday, January 8, 2010

Dealership Blues

This morning I was at an auto dealership for regularly scheduled maintenance.  I gave them my info and what was needed: oil change, check the tires, look for leaks, etc, etc.  This is all my expert opinion, mind you.  Given this would probably only take 10 minutes, I opted for the customer lounge.

The lounge felt like an emergency waiting room except more cozy; and better brewed coffee.  All the customers were pressed waiting to hear the damage.  Most were reading or watching TV quietly; only lady was reading a book and laughing out loud every other page.  I get the impression she is single.

As a good citizen of the lounge nation; I quickly turned my phone to silent as not to disturb my neigbors.  Not that anyone was going to call me or that I would actually talk to someone during my time in wait. There were some bad citizens in the room, namely a french speaking student and a mom who clearly didn't understand the sign "No Cell Phones in Waiting Room".

After waiting 1 hour, I checked my phone to realize that I had a missed call and a voice message.  Excited that it was an employer calling to hire me sight-unseen, alas it was not.  However, it was the dealership calling to discuss my car and the recommended work. Huh? What? Really? Am I on an episode of Quantum Leap?  The same dealership in which it's lounge I was sitting in.  In fact, the same dealership in which I stated that I would wait to hear what was going on.  In fact, the same dealership in which I was told had exceptional customer service.

Check the lounge!

No comments:

Post a Comment